Conditions of Use
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, LICENSING AND RESPONSIBILITY
Many of the information contained in this portal are licensed intellectual property granted to SLGO by its members. Anyone may, without authorization or fee but with the obligation of acknowledging the source (see section below), reproduce, publish, adapt, translate, run or represent in public, communicate to the public by any means for personal or commercial use, documents and data on this portal.
The use of any other material not mentioned above (photos, drawings, products etc. and contained in this portal) requires the prior authorization of SLGO and, where applicable, the beneficiaries where SLGO is not holder of the rights.
A request for use including the following must be filed:
- Full contact information of the applicant (name, first name and title of the applicant, name, address and telephone number of the organization);
- Complete references of the images or texts covered by the application (section, page url, etc.);
- Indication of the use that may be made of the images or texts (publication in a book, brochure, magazine or newspaper, use in an exhibition, on a website or in a film, etc.).
2. SLGO AND DATA PRODUCER RESPONSIBILITY
The SLGO and its different data producers can in no way be held responsible for the use made by any user of the data to which the Internet portal gives access, or errors or omissions that may occur in the data sets, or direct or indirect damages arising from the use of these data.
3. CONDITIONS OF USE
Where applicable, the use of certain data in this portal may be subject to specific conditions as specified onscreen to users. This could be the case for data from academic institutions where there could be restrictions for the purpose of scientific paper publication or for commercial purposes.
4. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SOURCE
In all cases, the user must identify the SLGO as the publisher of the data they are reproducing, and do so as such:
Source : [Data producer name]. (YEAR(s) of the dowloaded dataset). [Title of the dataset]. Data published on St. Lawrence Global Observatory-SLGO. [https://slgo.ca]. Access date: [YYYY-MM-DD].
For data associated reports, the source will be cited as such: Use report source identification + “Published on St. Lawrence Global Observatory-SLGO.[https://slgo.ca]. Access date: [YYYY-MM-DD].”